Want to join an ambitious growing company?
WellGear is operating WORKOVER/SNUBBING/P&A packages with offices in The Netherlands (Westerbork) and UK (Aberdeen).
We have a current opportunity for a P&A Engineer for our Dutch office in Westerbork.
The P&A Engineer is responsible for Provision of well abandonment planning, design and operations management, promoting techniques and strategies that optimize asset value. Targets efforts to ensure that all wells are delivered in accordance with local statutory requirements and policies, standards and procedures, whilst driving excellence in Health, Safety and Environmental performance, technological innovation and continuous performance improvement.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare/review detailed abandonment well programs.
- Operational management of P&A activities and subcontractors
- Planning P&A operations and developing procedures Identify, select and specify well equipment.
- Identify, select and specify well equipment
- Participate during the daily P&A operational morning call to be able to monitor the operations and report on operational and technical performance.
- Compile and verify updated activity program and review and proposed changes during operations
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting during operation as required
- Coordinate service company suppliers
- Ensuring implementation and compliance of HSE and QA in line with requirements from authorities, customers and own corporate management procedures and goalsTake part in implementing P&A After action reviews.
Internal and External Interfaces
- Facilitate effective interfaces between all services provided to abandonment operations.
- Liaises with; Customer Wells Team, Alliance abandonment teem, HSEQ Representatives, Well Service Supervisors
- Contribute to the optimisation of the asset's performance.
- Participate in cross company initiatives to identify new technologies to benefit from abandonment experiences elsewhere.
Required Qualifications And Experience
- Individual contributor. Enthusiastic self-development as a P&A Engineer.
- Bachelor's degree in Drilling Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering or similar (preferred) or vocational training with experience in well engineering and site supervision, with proven track record.
- 3-5 years relevant experience (minimum) in well engineering and site supervision.
- IWCF Well Control Certification.
We are looking for candidates based in The Netherlands.
If you want more information about the P&A Engineering job, you can contact Sven Heijwegen, tel: +31 (0)85 273 4600 or send an email tot email@example.com.
If you want to apply you can send your CV along with a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or by completing the 'Apply now' form on this page.